Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cookies with Jaxson and Maddox...and the recipe!

January 7, 2010

Yesterday I attempted to make cookies with Jaxson and Maddox. Another daily (hourly) lesson in patience for me. I'll admit, I'm a wanna-be-perfectionist. I'm a self-diagnosed ocd-er. When life doesn't go according to my little plan...well, I just get all bent out of shape. The Lord grows me every day in this area.
So, onto our cookie adventure...we had so much fun. Jaxson is a go-getter for sure! He wanted to put in each and every ingredient.
He wanted to help mix each time a new ingredient went in. I love watching him get so excited about the smallest things...such as pouring a teaspoon of vanilla into a bowl of butter and sugar. Although, I have to hold my tongue when I want to correct him in the way he pours and have to sit back while watching a mess of flour get all over the place, it is so worth it!
His MOST favorite thing was cracking the eggs.
First one was a little rough.

Look at his little nervous smile...love it!

But for Jax the second and third time was a charm!

I had to snap this next shot because as Jaxson was holding the chocolate chips, he was saying, "I love them, mommy. They are my favorite. I love them." ...and I knew EXACTLY how he felt!

The whole time Maddox played with the magnets on the dishwasher or played peek-a-boo with Jaxson.

He's such a little trooper and is always a part of our adventures.
The most wonderful part of making cookies!!!...licking the mixer.

We finished our cookie escapade and all the imperfections along the way and look how yummy they turned out!
Now if I can only rely on HIS perfection and not my own.
2 Corinthians 12:9
"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weaknesses.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."

Here is the recipe for YOU!

2 1/2 c. oatmeal (blended)
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
12 oz. chocolate chips OR
6 oz chocolate chips and 6 oz pb chips (YUMMY!)

Measure oatmeal and then blend in blender to a fine powder, set aside
Cream the butter and both sugars.
Add egss and vanilla.
Gradually mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Add chocolate chips.

I like to spoon them onto the cookie sheet instead of rolling them into a ball. They look so much more home-made and yummy that way.

Bake for 9 minutes @ 375
Before you leave, I mohawked Maddox's hair for the first time. He slowly getting enough for it to last 2 seconds. Thought you might enjoy.


1 comment:

Xwallflower said...

Yours is the best Blog in the worrrrld!!!